Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Spoke at a Career in Photography class, Cal State East Bay

Last night, upon invitation by an art professor, Scott Hopkins, I spoke to a class of students, for 45 mins, at CSUEB about what it is like to move a career as a professional photographer.

I consider myself as a young amateur professional and my photography career has just only started. Scott wanted me to speak to the students anyway because I am a product of the photography program at the college.  We discussed about branding, promotions, style, and photography techniques.  I found it really fun talking to photography students as they remind me of the good old days when I was in art school.

I learned that almost all students were using Canon or Sony cameras. Not a single Nikon user. This was a surprise to me as Nikon is a very popular camera brand.


No comments:

Post a Comment